Develop the knowledge, skills, and dispositions that connect our actions and choices to local and global environmental impacts.
Inspire environmental stewardship within our students and staff and embed these values into curriculum using sustainable initiatives.
Focus for the 2015-2016 school year:
Reducing waste/improving recycling efforts; establishing school based green teams with students
- Textile/ clothing recycling drives - in fall and spring
- Composting programs - piloted at Eisenhower and expanding to Elmwood, Orchard Lane and Poplar Creek Elementary Schools
- School Forest designation and use - at Eisenhower
- Nature Club - at Ronald Reagan
- Lettuce growing project - at Eisenhower
Eisenhower: Emily Dethloff/ Kristine Weiss
West: Betsy Weins/ Dan Naus
Elmwood: Jim Slonac
Orchard Lane: Erika Mayer/ Amy Fare
Poplar Creek: Lee Bernfeld/ Rebecca Landess
Ronald Reagan: Amy Murray
District Office: Cindy Jensen, Andy Stefancin, Joan Paque, Joe Garza, Roger Bortman, Kelly Kwiatkowski