1. Are there opportunities throughout the year to lend my expertise to classroom discussions?
YES! Simply fill out the Partner Interest Form and we will connect you to the content area that is aligned to your profession.
2. How can I connect my non-profit to a student service organization?
Student service requests can be directed through the National Honor Society, Interact Club (Rotary), or Project Unify. Please fill out the Partner Interest Form and we will connect you to the appropriate advisor.
3. How can I help support the co-curricular activities highlighted in your presentation?
Our newer co-curriculars could benefit from advisors with a background in skilled trades, robotics, automation, civil engineering, or the health sciences. They can also benefit from your financial support. Simply fill out the Partner Interest Form and we will connect you to the right advisor.
4. How do I let students know I am willing to interview them for open positions with my company?
All paid and unpaid career and service learning opportunities are made available to students through the Job Posting Form. If you already have the job posted somewhere else, simply use the Job Posting Form to direct them to the opportunity via a link.
5. How do I let students from other schools know about employment opportunities at my company?
We would be more than happy to connect you to the appropriate contact at the schools closest to you.
6. How do I let students know I am open to hosting a job shadow?
We are currently using our Job Posting Form for this purpose as all job shadows are placed on our job board in addition to employment opportunities. Many of our employers choose to offer job shadows as part of the application process.
7. How do I let educators know I am open to hosting a field trip for their class and/or for interested staff members?
Please fill out a Partner Interest Form and we will direct your opportunity to the content areas that are aligned to your industry.
8. Would the district be open to promoting a youth recruitment event on site in the SDNB or at my location?
Absolutely. We would like to have every student experience an authentic interview in their area of interest before they graduate.
9. How does the SDNB foster entrepreneurial and innovative thinking?
We are proud to offer our students coursework in entrepreneurship and a variety of related business electives. Both schools have their own student DECA chapter. We offer a broad spectrum of project based coursework so that students are able to take risks and apply what they are learning to solve problems in their area of interest. In the 2016-17 school year, we will be offering Advanced Innovation and Design which will leverage systems design thinking to solve challenging problems structured in collaboration with industry partners.
10. Who do I contact with scholarship opportunities?
The School District of New Berlin posts all scholarships on our district-wide scholarship portal as soon as they are received. Scholarship Form
11. I missed Career Days! How do I get involved next year?
Please visit the Career Days page and submit an interest form. You will be added to our list so that you receive the invitation to participate in 2016.
If we didn't answer your specific question or you would prefer to talk to someone in person, please contact Laura.Schmidt@nbexcellence.org.