Register for Kindergarten and Ready, Set, Go! Screening:
STEP 1: REGISTER ONLINE
Before you start, read our tips & tricks.
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers, not Internet Explorer. To reduce the time it takes to complete the online forms, gather this information before you start: home and work addresses, phone numbers, emails, student health information and emergency contacts.
Click here to register online (Online registration is for families who are new to the school district, as well as existing families who need to enroll additional children.)
STEP 2: IDENTIFY THE SCHOOL AND BRING ADDITIONAL FORMS TO THE SCHOOL
If you don't know your child's school, you can check this School Boundary Map or call (262) 789-6200 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
Parents registering their children in the School District of New Berlin must provide the child's:
- proof of immunization
- birth certificate
- Developmental inventory form. This is a form that you will fill out as part of the registration process. If you did not, you can (print this form and bring to your child's screening)
- proof of residence (per below)
Proof of residency is required when registering your child in the School District of New Berlin. Acceptable forms of documentation are listed below. Please note: a driver's license will not be accepted as proof of residency.
Two documents are needed to prove residency in the district. At least one document must be from column A, and the second document may be from column A or B. Documents from column B must have been mailed to the resident address in the School District of New Berlin within 30 days prior to registration. Note that the documents must include the address of the residence within the district. In extenuating circumstances, administration will review other documentation and determine eligibility.
(including resident address)
(including resident address)
- A signed current resident lease
- Must include name of apartment complex and landlord’s name, address and phone
- Parent and student claiming residence at any rental property must provide a signed lease that lists both as occupants
- An accepted offer to purchase with no unresolved contingencies
- A closing statement for purchasing a home
- Current property tax statement (for residential dwelling only; not undeveloped lot)
- Current month’s utility bill (excluding cellular phone; WE Energies or cable/Internet bill preferred)
- Auto or health insurance statement
- Driver’s license renewal notice
- License plate renewal notice
- Food Share/Quest benefits
- Medicaid/BadgerCare benefit statement
- W-2, SSI or other state or federal benefit statement
STEP 3: SCHEDULE YOUR CHILD'S "READY, SET, GO!" SCREENING
After you have registered your child online, please contact Michele Hitt at 262.789.6242 to schedule your child's Ready,Set, Go! screening. Screenings are held at the District Office located at 4333 Sunnyslope Rd., New Berlin
Thank you! We look forward to meeting your child!