DECA is a international association of Marketing Students.
There are about 250,000 DECA members nation wide and about 19,000 of them are Wisconsin students. Eisenhower has traditionally had between 100 and 150 members each year. All marketing students at Eisenhower are required to join DECA. The annual dues is $35. Here is a list of some of the major DECA activities that student can get involved with each year:
1. Chapter Officer Workshop, July of each summer at UW-Madison Officers attend and develop the chapter's Strategic Plan (Plan of Work) for the up-coming year.
2. Fall DECA Leadership Lab held in November at the Kalahari Resort.
3. DECA District Career Development Conference/Competition held in early January.
4. DECA State Career Development Conference/Competition held in mid March at the Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva.
5. DECA International Career Development Conference/Competition held at the last weekend in April into the first week of May. Location changes each year, 2012's ICDC will be held in Salt Lake City, Utah.
7. Other community service projects, sales projects, and social activities depend on the Program of Work.