8:35 a.m. to 3:35 p.m.
All students are expected to be in their classroom by 8:35 a.m. or they will be counted tardy.
Children are expected to go home after school unless they are participating in a special activity or are under a teacher's supervision. We ask that you communicate with your child and send a note to your child's teacher if it is necessary for you child to go somewhere other than home after school. In the event of early dismissal due to weather conditions, please talk with your child about emergency procedures and where he/she should go if you are not home. The playground is not supervised before and after school.
- We need your child in school every day! Regular attendance is essential for successful progress in your child’s educational program.
- If a child is well enough to be in school, he/she will be expected to participate in all scheduled activities including outdoor recess.
- If your child will not be in school at the start of the day for any reason, a parent or guardian must notify the office BEFORE the first bell at 8:35 a.m.
- Any student arriving after the 8:35 a.m. bell MUST be signed in by a parent/ guardian. Any student not signed in by a parent/guardian will be marked with an Unexcused Tardy.
- Per state statute 118.16, truancy means any absence of part of all of one or more days from school during which the school attendance officer, principal or teacher has not been notified of the legal cause of such absence by the parent/guardian of the absent pupil, and also means of intermittent attendance carried on for the purpose of defeating the intent of s.118.15.
- Students that have been truant five (5) part or whole days in a semester are considered habitually truant. Please see the district website for policies on attendance. District policy 5113