8:35 AM to 3:35 PM
- We need your child in school every day! Regular attendance is essential for successful progress in your child’s educational program.
- If a child is well enough to be in school, he/she will be expected to participate in all scheduled activities including outdoor recess.
- If your child will not be in school at the start of the day for any reason, a parent or guardian must notify the office BEFORE the first bell at 8:35 AM.
- Any student arriving after the 8:35 AM bell will be given a late pass by the office.
- Per state statute 118.16, truancy means any absence of part or all of one or more days from school during which the school attendance officer, principal or teacher has not been notified of the legal cause of such absence by the parent/guardian of the absent pupil, and also means of intermittent attendance carried on for the purpose of defeating the intent of s.118.15.
- Students that have been truant five (5) part or whole days in a semester are considered habitually truant. Please see the district website for policies on attendance. District policy 5113.
Calling in an Absence for your Child
Please leave a message with your child’s name and reason for absence on the school attendance line by 8:45 AM on the day of your child’s absence. The attendance line is accessible 24 hours a day. If you know ahead of time that your child will be absent, please send a note to your child’s teacher.