Please sign one copy and return to:
New Berlin West PAC Manager
18695 W. Cleveland Ave
New Berlin, WI 53146
- The PAC manager is responsible for supervision of the facility, including but not limited to the front of house, house, stage, backstage area, dressing rooms, ancillary areas, and light booth.
- A district employee shall be on duty and available during all non-school use of PAC facilities.
- The PAC manager or an authorized employee will be responsible for opening the facility, areas to be accessed, closing and locking the facility. The cost of said personnel shall be reimbursed by the requesting group or organization at the rates identified in the Rental Fee Schedule.
- Groups renting the PAC shall designate one or more on-site representatives as persons in charge. The person in charge shall remain on-site from the time the facility is opened until the renters vacate the premises.
- Groups renting the PAC shall provide a sufficient number of responsible adults (21 or older) to serve as supervisors, chaperones, ushers or crowd control to ensure that the event will be safely controlled and to ensure proper use and care of the facility for the duration of use.
PAC Use Limitations
- The PAC manager must approve all activities and equipment to be used in the PAC prior to the event.
- Any group using the PAC must obtain prior approval from the PAC manager before installation of any decorations that require the use of nails, screws, bolts, etc. Tape, wax or glue shall not be used on any drywall or wood surfaces. Any spike, glow or gaffers tape used on the stage must be fully removed by facility users before vacating the facility.
- Use of tobacco products is prohibited in the school, or on school premises per WI Stat 120.12(20).
- The possession, use or sale of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances is not allowed on school district property per WI Stat 125.09(2).
- Gambling of any kind is not allowed.
- Property of renting organizations may not be stored in PAC storage areas without the prior approval of the PAC manager. The school district is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property stored in the PAC facility or on school district premises.
- Refreshments/food may be served only in designated areas, and must be approved prior to the event by the PAC manager. In addition, any group electing to provide/sell refreshments must provide a minimum of four ushers to ensure that food and beverage are not taken into the house.
- New Berlin West High School has an exclusive contract for the vending of soft drinks, sports drinks, fruit drinks, water and teas sold on campus. Only products from the Coca-Cola Co. may be sold in the PAC.
- Users are expected to clean up and return all furniture/equipment to its original location following use of the facility. Any clean up beyond normal duties will be charged directly to the group using the facility.
- In the event of inclement weather, it is the responsibility of the user to determine their use of the space and for all public notifications concerning cancellation of the event. The School District of New Berlin shall not be liable for any loss of income due to inclement weather. The organization may contact the PAC manager to reschedule their event.
- Groups may not use the facility without a custodian on duty. An estimate for custodial fees will be provided to the organization when the facility is rented, and the actual amount will be billed within 30 days after the use of the facility. Any overtime or additional charges will be included in the final bill.
- Users may not remove, relocate or alter any of the stage curtains. Requests for specific curtain changes must be made to the PAC manager in advance.
- No pyrotechnics, smoke, or chemical fog may be used in the PAC without prior consent of the PAC manager.
- Absolutely no use of the rigging system will be allowed without supervision of a district provided fly-master. Absolutely no unsafe items will be hung or flown in the facility. In addition, the flying of human beings is not allowed.
- No painting is allowed in the PAC facility. All painting is restricted to the scene shop.
- Food and drink are prohibited in the house, and on the stage.
- No one but PAC employees are allowed on the catwalks.
- Failure to comply with PAC facility use regulations, district policies or local, state, and federal laws, fire codes and safety regulations may result in termination of the facility use agreement and possible denial of future facility use requests.
- No costumes or make-up are allowed in the seating area without prior approval of the PAC manager. Any extra cleaning required due to make-up stains or glitter in the seating areas will be billed to the user group. NOTE: Glitter in the auditorium is prohibited.
PAC Use Policies
- All lighting and sound technicians will be provided by the PAC manager at the rate provided on the fee schedule. Outside technicians will not be allowed unless prior approval is given by the PAC manager.
- All technicians will be called 30 minutes prior to usage time in order to allow for check-in and set-up.
- All technicians will be paid for a two-hour minimum.
- Unscheduled labor will not be available. Any special technical requirements must be pre-arranged with the PAC manager and extra staff hours as a result of said requirements will be billed to the user.
- Audio recording of your event will be provided at the stated fee when requested in advance by groups. It is the responsibility of the user group to obtain proper copyright permissions.
- Video recording will not be provided by PAC staff. Organizations must obtain prior approval from the PAC manager in order to record performances. It is the responsibility of the user group to obtain proper copyright permissions.
Front of House Use/Limitations
- The doors to the PAC shall be opened no earlier than 30 minutes prior tocurtain time. This is to allow time for sound and light checks to beperformed in an empty house.
- Ushers are the responsibility of the renting group/organization. If theorganization is serving concessions, a minimum of four ushers is required toensure food/beverage is not taken into the house.
- The PAC lobby shall be free of any obstructions and must conform to fire codes.
- Any lobby displays must be approved by the PAC manager prior to the event.
- Performances shall not exceed the seating capacity of the facility (770).
Please sign and return one copy of this agreement within 30 days. Please keep the other copy for your records.
PAC Manager Date
Renting Organization Representative Date