8:35 a.m. to 3:35 p.m.
If your child is not in the building before the 8:35 a.m. bell, he/she is considered tardy. Main hallway doors are locked at that time and students need to be signed in at the office by a parent/guardian. Please make sure that there is a reason for the tardiness as students are marked unexcused if there is not a reason for being late to school. Thanks for your help in getting our students prepared for the day.
- We need your child in school every day! Regular attendance is essential for successful progress in your child’s educational program.
- If a child is well enough to be in school, he/she will be expected to participate in all scheduled activities including outdoor recess (unless we have a doctor’s note stating otherwise)
- If your child will not be in school at the start of the day for any reason, a parent or guardian must notify the office before the first bell at 8:35 a.m. You can leave a voicemail at any time prior to the start of the school day.
- The office needs to account for every student. If your child is absent and the office has not receive notification, the school will call home after 9:00 a.m.
- If you know your child will be absent in advance (i.e. vacation, appointment, etc.), it is appreciated if a parent or guardian notifies the office and/or teacher.
- Any student arriving after the 8:35 a.m. bell MUST be signed in by a parent/ guardian. Any student not signed in by a parent/guardian will be marked with an Unexcused Tardy.
- Per state statute 118.16, truancy means any absence part of, all of, one or more days from school during which the school attendance officer, principal or teacher has not been notified of the legal cause of such absence by the parent/guardian of the absent pupil, and also means of intermittent attendance carried on for the purpose of defeating the intent of s.118.15.
- Students that have been truant five (5) part or whole days in a semester are considered habitually truant. Please see the district website for policies on attendance. District policy 5113