Students are expected to follow all bus rules. The following expectations are posted by Durham School Services on every school bus:
- Respect and obey the driver.
- Remain seated at all times.
- Pushing is not allowed.
- Keep hands and head inside the bus.
- No loud talking or other noise.
- Keep aisle clear of any items or body parts.
- Never throw anything out of a bus window.
- No eating or drinking on the bus.
- Durham School Services is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Rear seat must remain empty.
- Electronic devices must be used appropriately.
On the bus, students are expected to:
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to self and inside the bus at all times
- Stay in seat until the bus stops at drop-off place
- Wait patiently when unloading to avoid crowding, pushing
- Listen to the driver
- Speak to the driver and other students in a respectful way
- Use appropriate language
- Make room for others to have a seat
- Have kindergarten students sit in the front of the bus
- Have older students sit towards the back of the bus
- Understand that sitting in the back of the bus is a privilege
- Let driver, teachers, school staff know of any issues