Although students enrolled in the School District of New Berlin can request assignment to a district school out of their home attendance area, portions of the City of New Berlin are in the process of being developed for residential purposes, and this expansion may potentially have a great impact on school enrollment. When projecting school enrollments, administration must analyze all facets impacting enrollment in order to make wise educational and economically efficient use of classrooms. This includes the transfer of students to schools other than their resident schools.
Requests for intradistrict transfers will be approved by the Superintendent of Schools on a very limited basis. Important factors to consider when submitting an Intradistrict Transfer application include:
- Sixth grade students already intradistrict-transferred/open enrolled must reapply for transfer prior to middle school registration/scheduling if they wish to follow their classmates to 7th grade if that secondary school is not their school of residence/assignment. Submission of an application does not guarantee the desired placement.
- Parents of students who have already intradistrict-transferred to a secondary school should not assume that younger siblings will also be allowed transfer. Each sibling/student must apply individually.
- Parents of current 6th grade students must register their student at the secondary school in which they reside.
(Although it is preferred to make transfer decisions as early as possible in the spring, such determinations may not be made until just prior to the start of the next school year as enrollments fluctuate during the summer months.)
- Elementary requests should be submitted by May 1 for the following school year.
- Secondary requests must be submitted prior to registration/scheduling.
- For more information, contact the District Office at (262) 789-6221.
PLEASE NOTE: Parents are responsible for transporting their children to and from school.